2006-02-14 - Release of idiotblocker-1.1-beta-a
The following changes are included in this release:
- The code has been modularized.
- Path names are no longer hard coded in logic, but are defined in
variables that are modifiable at beginning of
- Logging has been added.
- Executation switch's have been added.
- -b Brute Force detection is to occur.
- -up Update firewall rules.
- -d Verbose messgaes for debugging purposes.
- -m Perform updates to hosts.allow and pf.conf blacklists from
ib.master.blacklist without parsing the
- Initial setup logic has been added.
- Backups are performed against the following files.
- An entry is added to the very beginning of the hosts.allow
file to pull in the ib.hosts.allow.blacklist
- Entries are added to the pf.conf file to pull in the ib.pf.blacklist
- Logic to search for brute force attempts has been added.
- Master black list file logic added, this will update files required
by both hosts.allow and pf.conf for blocking
ips. This also allows for latter modifications for timed purges of